Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trouble in Paradise

The party was pretty chill and I proceeded to drink a bit more. By now I was more than buzzed but still coherent of my immediate surroundings. Arie had arrived at the next party shortly after us and moved through the crowd. He did not dance with more than 3 girls. Yes, I was keeping count but judging on my current state, what did I know. He walked over to me and noticed that I was not dancing, "do you plan on standing on the wall all night." he whispered into my ear. I shook my head "no" and immediately our small talk was interrupted with a small altercation that led for the music to stop and then a switch of the light. I was taken back from the sudden brightness. I sat on the arm of the couch as Arie stood by me. I started to worry when I felt a bad vibe in the air. The boy immediately took out a gun and shot another boy. I ran as fast as I could towards the nearest exit with my friend Kenni.Tears flowed down my face as I snatched off my heels and darted down the street. We were only a few blocks from home so instead of looking for our ride we started towards the house. As Kenni and I approached the house I could barely control my tears. I blubbered loudly but had to control myself. My head was spinning and once I got to my room I showered and changed. As I got into bed my phone went off again. It was Arie. I had forgotten that we had exchanged numbers at the first party. He asked if I was home so I could buzz him in. After we visited a friend we came back to my place. I was so excited that Arie would be spending the night. It felt unreal. I kept blinking just to make sure that it was not just a figment of my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment